Based in Koog aan de Zaan, the Netherlands
ofi Cocoa is offering an exciting career opportunity for a PD&I Application Specialist Beverage, Dairy & Ice – EMEA region based in Koog aan de Zaan, the Netherlands.
ofi Cocoa is at the heart of our upcoming transition towards ‘Olam Food Ingredients’ (ofi) and our strategic focus on customer-centricity and innovation. This scientific role aligns to our ambitions to further excel in our sustainable growth and innovation efforts in the Beverage, Dairy & Ice category.
- Together with the team, you will bring the customer centric product development and innovation for ofi Cocoa EMEA to life with your in-depth knowledge in Beverage, Dairy & Ice products.
- You will strengthen the application knowledge and capabilities of cocoa ingredients for the Beverage, Dairy and Ice category. You are proficient in making all products within the category and understand what good quality applications mean with your in-depth knowledge in Beverage, Dairy & Ice category in chemistry & technology. It is your passion to become best-in-class in developing solutions, matching current market products and appealing concepts with a bespoke response time to build and win the pipeline of projects.
- You are or will become an expert in using cocoa ingredients in the Beverage, Dairy and Ice products. You will have an in-depth understanding in the functionality of cocoa ingredients and possible interaction with other food ingredients beyond color, taste, texture and nutrition. You identify gaps and differentiate from competition based on your own developed test protocols and findings. In short: you will strengthen the application Key global and regional customers will value your application expertise and ideas of using cocoa ingredients. Your contribution in innovation or productivity sessions will lead to new initiatives or customer projects. Together with the PD&I team, Sales and Marketing you will discuss and agree the launch of new rollouts and collaborate with the chef(s) in which way to inspire our customers with product concepts based on consumer trends or common customer requirements.
- You will evaluate improved or new cocoa ingredients in collaboration with R&D, Plant Science and Sensory Science. In technical discussions you actively contribute based on the technical performance and analytical results. Your external network with universities and 3rd party research agencies will give you a constant flow of new ideas in consumer products, food ingredients or analytical equipment of processing technology.
- You will be part of the ofi Cocoa PD&I team for Beverage, Dairy & Ice, which will consist of several roles. You will work closely with the PD&I Managers who are the first technical contact with our customers. You will be supported by Application Technician(s) or will collaborate with Chef(s). You will report into the Category Manager for Beverage, Dairy & Ice. The team will grow based on the number of projects and required expertise.
- Together with the PD&I Category Manager and the PD&I Manager(s), you analyze and discuss priorities with respect to initiatives and projects for Beverages, Dairy and Ice customers. The quality and speed of your response is key to succeed.
- You participate in sessions with other PD&I centers to share knowledge, capabilities and success stories. Besides you feel comfortable to share your knowledge by presenting and inspiring at all levels with customers or within the ofi organization.
- You will use CRM to monitor and act on customer activities. You use dashboards to make your progress transparent for yourself and stake holders and pro-actively seek for support if required.
- A MSc degree in Food Chemistry or equivalent and a proven capability as a Product Developer or R&D Scientist in the Beverages, Dairy and Ice category industry with a minimum of 6-8 years of experience.
- You are a professional in the preparation of high-quality consumable products. You have a thorough understanding in the functionality and behavior of food ingredients and the different technologies to prepare and stabilize the concepts.
- In-depth understanding in ingredient functionality working with complex food systems. You are proficient to transform ideas in bespoke and solution driven application concepts. You don’t wait but pro-actively act and make things happen.
- You feel confident to develop and give presentations to inspire customers with solutions and concepts you have developed.
- Masters the application process inside-out from customer inspiration to winning customer projects. Your understanding in ingredient functionality, great tasting product development, analytical methodologies and sensory science is best-in-class.
- Is entrepreneurial and can inspire to go the extra mile combining intelligence, agility, creativity and a “can do”-mentality. Truly thinks in opportunities having a positive mind-set.
- Shares a passion for innovative ingredients, food or beverage products and technologies in the beverage, dairy and ice category.
- Has integrity, is inclusive and treats internal and external stakeholders with respect.
- Has excellent communication and social skills. Listens well. Fun to work and open minded.
- Proficient in spoken and written English. Other western European languages are an advantage.
- The full-time role requires living close to Koog aan de Zaan.
- This position requires travelling (10-20%).
Are you the PD&I Application Specialist we are looking for?
If you are interested in this role and connect to the aforementioned profile, we will be pleased to see your application and CV via the application form. For more information about the vacancy you can contact us via + 3188-5678 323.